Good afternoon. It has been 19 days since I last blogged. Sorry. I am working on many posts, including one called “The Great Squirrel Attack of 2012.” Details to follow.
Today, while studying for finals in the Kenefick laundry room, I was thinking about all the things that have changed over the past year. And no, I am not talking about The Royal Wedding / Anniversary. I was talking about myself. Here is a brief overview of some of the highlights from last year’s April 29th.
- I traveled to France
- I declared my major- Journalism!
- I got a twitter after watching the NYTimes documentary “Page One.”
- My obsession with stars only grew stronger
- I was vegan for 36 hours.
- I had a job for approx 2 months.
- I discovered the beauty of Robert Frost’s poetry. (Here is my favorite one-http://www.chem.yale.edu/~chem125/125/Star.html)
- I made some amazing new friendships
- I took on significant leadership positions
- My hair grew longer
- I got an iPhone.
- I had two different and wonderfully fantastic roommates
- I learned how to make basic dynamic webpages!
- My dog died.
- I got food poisoning for the first time! (Thanks a lot, Java Jay!)
- I wore my glasses 99.5% of the time
- I became Creighton Famous!
- I learned how a newspaper is made
- I began blogging frequently
- I am no longer a teenager.
- I decided I liked coffee, then vehemently decided I hated it.
- I discovered my secret love for the field of Philosophy
Now for some things that didn’t change over the past year:
- I improved my friendships with some really cool people
- My hair still doesn’t match that of the girls in my sorority.
- I still spend too much time on the internet
- I still like to study in laundry rooms
- Raisins are the best!
- I like musicals
- I still talk really loudly. And frequently. And sometimes high-pitched.
- While laundry rooms are great places, doing laundry is the worst.
- I will be working at the pool this summer.
Well, that pretty much sums it up. I hope that your year was as full as this many discoveries and experiences!