As some of you may know, I am a current superstar on Creighton‘s campus. (See my previous post.) Don’t get me wrong, being Creighton famous is great and all. However, I am looking to expand my new-found stardom to other realms.
I think that if I can take Nebraska by storm, the whole nation will be won over. I hope to join the ranks of other famous Nebraska natives, including: Crazy Horse, the great warrior of the Oglala Dakota Sioux tribe (pre-statehood); William Jennings Bryan, who ran for President three unsuccessful times; President Gerald Ford, who was born in Omaha but grew up in Michigan; Marlon Brando (STELLLLAAAA!); Larry the Cable Guy (classy); and Rose O’Neil, creator of the Kewpie Doll.
**Note- I had to look at a Wikipedia article to find this information. Check it out for yourself! Be astounded! http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_people_from_Nebraska
You may be asking yourself, “Why should that loud blonde girl be famous? My dog can do tricks at least! My dog should be more famous than Amanda!” While I have not seen the tricks your dog can perform, I believe that there are numerous reasons I should become a national star. They include:
- I tend to overreact and be dramatic. This sets me up for a successful career in soap operas.
- I am ah-bviously HILARIOUS. People tell me I am funny* all the time! *funny looking
- I have a winning smile. See previous post entitled “My Winning Smile.”
- I am an excellent reader. I would read the evening news like it’s nobody’s business.
- I am a natural blonde.
- I have a fondness for animals, and I would set up a charity to help them a-la Sarah McLaughlin.
- I cannot walk in high heels, and magazines would run numerous photos of me tripping, which would only increase my star power.
- I have an iPhone. (Not sure if this counts…)
- I like free things. As a celebrity, I would not turn down free items.
- I love “I Love Lucy.”
- I watch a lot of television.
If the above don’t qualify me for stardom, I don’t know what would. I mean what other skills could I possibly need?